JMJ

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wayne, NJ 1949 - Pre-Army Days

In June of 49 I graduated from the 9th grade from Wayne jr.High.....I had my one friend Bobby Calabrese who lived a street away up the hill from where we lived....I was supposed to go back and take 9th grade all over again,,,In that time period my Foster parents planned to move to Florida.

One thing happened after the other, the small farm was sold $4000 for 10 acres prime land. They bought a trailer. A day or two before we left Bobby and another boy had there eyes on houses being built down the road.,,they wanted me to go with them to take something but I did not go. The next day a Police Officer came to our house. Some equipment had been stolen from the houses being built. "Did we know anything?" I knew but I did not say anything. Im glad I did not go that night.

Soon we were in a trailer going to Florida. We had a problem getting on a ferry,(Virginia),Grandpa Burton came along with Helen and John Burton and Sarah my half sister. Along the road going to cedar keys John spotted a turtle on the road. He stopped got the turtle real quick. We ate it that night. The big change in living the trailer had a bathroom in side, However no shower. I slept on a couch, there was only one bed.

In other words other people to slept where they could. The Trailer park we stayed at was called "Pirates cove" it was very small with around a half dozen trailers and small ones at that..Not to far from our trailer was a path that led to the beach. The name of the person who owned the park was a Mr.Frank. When I went to the beach I saw some young teens playing.One of those girls was Joyce Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!