JMJ

Thursday, March 25, 2010

North Korea - December 24th 1951

I was on a listening post with "L" Co 5th Regimental Combat team, It started snowing long before midnight. By midnight the snow was very deep. All of a sudden I hear Christmas music coming from the Chinese side. Who was playing the music. I started to think of home (What home??) and I also notice the music sounded different. Then, after a few minutes the music stopped and a voice said "This is the Chinese Communist Army and we invite you to surrender" Then he talked about a hot meal and read letters from prisoners of war and how well they were being treated. I heard a voice come from the fox hole next to me which said. "Pass the word get the artillery" so I passed the word to the next fox hole.

A couple of minutes later the artillery came down on the hills in front of us. (The word was passed on to a radioman)The around midnight they said a man got wounded and I was selected to carry him part of the way off the hill. The snow was so deepwe were dragging him in the snow. I went back to my fox hole and at around 2 am it started again the music and asking us to surrender. This time the artillery came without passing the word, now in all that in between Lt.Lee our company commander and a Sgt down from us caught the Chinese trying to infiltrate us. The Sgt threw grenades and killed a few.Plus Lt.Lee with his rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!