JMJ

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Capri 1956

Naples/Capri

I wasn't in Naples a few minutes when I was approached by a man who ask me if I was selling cigarettes got a bad feeling. Then talking with some people they said why no go to Capri. They said when the boat arrived look for a man who had the name of his hotel on his cap. So I got in the boat and it did not take long to get to the Island,Sure enough waiting with others was a man with the name of a hotel on his cap. I went with him.

The hotel was at the highest point on the Island..I got a real nice room and out of it I could see the ocean and the mountain with the volcano which had snow on top of it..I talk a lot with the owner of the hotel watch TV which had broadcast from the Vatican..I took a ride on a cart pulled by a horse to tour the Island and even went to Mass. What made this Mass very unusual young people were going to Confession kneeling before the priest in front of the whole congregation and the second was the huge Hosts they used for Holy Communion.

My best time was in the dinning room. The food was sent up from a kitchen below by a
I guess they called a dumb waiter. The food was excellent,,but I kept asking when they would have a pizza. Sure enough one day these little pizzas were being served I waited for mine and here came this huge pizza which was served to me.

My week was up and I went to pay my bill,,then the surprise the owner said he enjoyed me so much my bill was paid except for the wine which was not that much,then it was on a train going back to France. In Paris I ate a meal at the train station then caught a train to Fontainebleau.

Oh the hotel I would stay in Paris The Escargo de or,,anyway translated "The Golden snail"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog!